Lithium-ion battery, commonly known as “lithium battery”, is a kind of battery that uses lithium metal or lithium alloy as negative electrode material and uses non-aqueous electrolyte solution. It is the best integrated battery system at present. The negative electrode of the lithium ion battery is a carbon material. For example, the graphite positive electrode is a lithium-containing transition metal oxide such as LiMn 2 O 4 .
Advantages of lithium-ion batteries:
1. The working voltage is high. Lithium-ion batteries operate at 3.6V, which is three times the operating voltage of nickel-cadmium and nickel-metal hydride batteries.
It is higher than energy. The specific energy of lithium-ion batteries has reached 140Wh / kg, which is three times that of nickel-cadmium batteries and 1.5 times that of nickel-hydrogen batteries.
3. Long cycle life. At present, the lithium ion battery has a cycle life of more than 1000 times, and can reach tens of thousands of times at a low discharge depth, exceeding several other secondary batteries.
4. Self-discharge is small. The monthly self-discharge rate of lithium-ion batteries is only 6-8%, which is much lower than that of nickel-cadmium batteries (25-30%) and nickel-hydrogen batteries (30-40%).
5. There is no memory effect. It can be charged as needed without degrading battery performance.
6. No pollution to the environment. There is no harmful substance in the lithium-ion battery, which is a veritable “green battery”.
Lithium polymer batteries are a new generation of batteries that entered the market in 1999. A lithium polymer battery is essentially the same as a lithium ion battery except that the electrolyte is a solid polymer rather than a liquid electrolyte.
The polymer electrolyte material is a general film composed of a solution in which an oxide of a host polymer such as polyethylene is used as a non-movable solvent.
Advantages of lithium polymer batteries:
1. Can be made into any shape and relatively light. Because it does not contain heavy metals and has a plastic shell that prevents electrolyte leakage. 2. Good performance and safer. The solid electrolyte acts like a sealing gel and does not easily disintegrate naturally during charging.